Aug 1, 2008

Fave Five

Or should I say "Phave Phive" phor the Candid Campers?

It is Photo Phinish Phriday Phiesta at Camp Candid Carrie and I am happy to oblige a request for a favorites gallery. It has been great hearing from the folks on the field trip.

I have picked out five photographs that make me smile every time I see them. That is the litmus test for me. When I see a client smiling as they watch the presentation sideshow after a shoot or I find myself smiling as I edit the images, I know I have given my clients what they came for, a lasting bit of the joy.

Slider
I love this picture. It looks like slider is the the first Australian Shepard to win the British Open. It was done for Interior designers Tim and Linda Arbogast who own Jett Modern.
They had this amazing Union Jack Rug and I think the effect is striking.

Nougat
Nougat lives on a ranch with horses. The saddle was brought in with him from the ranch [the dust is real]. The proud and direct way that Nougat approached the shoot speaks volumes. Something in his wonderful eyes.

Ace
Okay, this is one tough cat! At the time of this shoot he was recovering from a run in with a skunk that involved stitches! I am not going to lie, I was scared of this little kitty. I was told by Alicia, his owner, that he is a mean cat and he will attack anything. So I took a deep breath and faced Ace. This is the first picture from the shoot and I think it represents Ace's feeling about the shoot fairly well. The images came out great and I came away with out a scratch. In this cat fight it is photographers 1/cats 0.

Faita
I am a sucker for a smiling dog. This photo has it all for me. A bold composition, lovely fur, great color and a happy dog. Faita looks like she is just about to say something complimentary. "have you lost weight?" or "is that handbag new? I just love it". In fact, feel free to email or comment your captions.


Gus
I had to include a picture of our very own Gus. This photograph may not have all of the technical merit of most of my photography but I shot it on our daily walk to work and it makes me smile. This image captures the joyful prancing that Gus does all the way to the studio each morning.

And like I said, it's about lasting memories and joy.

2 comments:

  1. Tee, this has been fabulous. What you were able to throw together on such short notice has been informative, entertaining, and beneficial to all of us that are consistantly stalking our pets in hopes of the perfect picture.

    The downside of this will be that I will now pester you and prove that your efforts have been worthwhile. Thank for everything, Tee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 AM

    YAY! I love a good pesterin'.
    Tee

    ReplyDelete